Tomorrow morning, at 6AM, I will be safely seatbelted in (we can only hope) a first class seat on a flight to sunny FLORIDA. I’m taking a vacation people. A VACATION. That means NO WORK. And as much as I love you all and love my jaywalker updates and I’ve come to love my goofy smileys and I’m so glad you have too – I WILL NOT BE DOING UPDATES THIS WEEK.
After ten weeks I think it’s okay to take a little break. Because DEADLINES are fast approaching, I thought yet another look at the draconian rules would be good:
1. Knit a pair (or more – hey – I’m going to start my
THIRDEIGHTH!) of Jaywalker socks. I know a lot of you have already started a pair – and that counts. But if you’ve finished a pair already, that doesn’t count. Instead, go on over to Kathy‘s and let her know. She’ll add you to the gallery.
2. You don’t have to adhere strictly to the pattern, so all you Drunken Jaywalker people (you know who you are!) come on over.
3. The socks don’t have to be for you. I know everyone’s crazy with holiday knitting (Suckers. I’m just saying….) so why not make a pair of Jaywalkers for that annoying relative in your life? Nothing like a pair of Jaywalker socks to send that subtle message – I wish you’d go play in traffic! You’re the only one who has to know the sentiment behind the gift! 😉
4. You don’t have to knit the socks with SOCKS THAT ROCK yarn – use whatever yarn you like. BUT the prizes will be Socks That Rock.
5. There are no deadlines on when this KAL will end, BUT
6. On February 14th I will draw
three SIX names out of the proverbial Internet hat of all the FINISHED KAL socks and each of these people will WIN a skein of SOCKS THAT ROCK in their preferred colorway. That is, assuming I can get Tina to dye it for you. I won’t tell you how many colors are in the recipe book – your head will spin around. To be eligible to win the socks, you will have had to give me at least ONE update before February 1st. I want you to really be in it to win it you know? No pulling in at the last minute with a finished pair of socks to get in on the lottery. 😉
7. Updates will be on FRIDAYS. So leave me comment or email me and I’ll do the updates then. K? Terrific!
THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE FEBRUARY 1ST. In order to be eligible to win yarn – you need to have updated at least ONCE by FEBRUARY 1ST and complete a pair of socks by FEBRUARY 13th. The drawing will be held on FEBRUARY 14th. So, if you haven’t sent in an update – now’s your chance. PLEASE, when sending updates, either leave A COMMENT RIGHT HERE or send an email to cara AT januaryone DOT com with JAYWALKER UPDATE in the subject line. At midnight on February 14th I will list all of the people eligible AS OF THAT DAY to win yarn. I will keep the list up for the day and at 11:11 PM on the 14th I will pick the winners. You will have the day to let me know if there is a mistake with the list.
I know I miss people each week. I don’t even know how many people are in the KAL anymore, to be honest, but it’s a freaking lot. Okay? I’m only human. If you’re not sure if you are in CHECK THE LIST. If you aren’t on it and think you should be, let me know by leaving a comment or sending an email. A shining star next to your name means you’ve got a finished pair – if you have a star or don’t have a star and think it should be different, let me know. Please note – if you finished a pair since the last update, the list hasn’t been changed to reflect that. I will change it on Feb 1st.
If you have any questions about anything – please leave a comment or send an email. I will tell you though I suck at math and the best answer I have to the all important question of which came first is this:
A chicken and an egg are laying in bed together. The chicken rolls over, lights a cigarette, turns to the egg and says “Well, I guess we answered that question.”
Have a great weekend everyone. Knit hard. I’ll see you on the flip!